Situated in the heart of the southern suburbs, Cape Town accommodation in Constantia is found on tranquil, tree-lined roads within close distance to a number of attractions. Accommodation here is somewhat different to the glitzy villas found in Camps Bay or the trendy apartments in the city centre, offering more of a gracious country lodge with plenty of greenery to enjoy along with landscaped gardens and stunning views.
There are many good reasons to consider finding Constantia accommodation in Cape Town, including the following:
- Country living – the peaceful avenues and pretty gardens of Constantia make you feel like you are deep within the countryside, offering the ideal place for holidays or romantic breaks. Many accommodation options are surrounded by meadows, forest or farmland, which further adds to the feeling of peace in this area.
- Constantia Wine Route – the area has its own wine route, with a number of excellent farms to be found within close distance of Cape Town accommodation in Constantia. Groot Constantia is one of the leading estates in the Cape, while Uitsig, Buitenvervachting and Steenberg are also excellent to visit. Wine tours include tours of the cellar as well as tasting, with the chance to purchase wine at cellar prices.
- Horse riding – Constantia is also famous for its excellent horse riding opportunities, with many stables and riding schools situated within the area. Horse trails can be found throughout the green belt, offering varying levels with spectacular views of the forest and farmlands.
- Kirstenbosch Gardens – the beautiful botanical gardens at Kirstenbosch are within close distance to most Constantia accommodation in Cape Town. Here you will find large lawns, ponds, trails, rose gardens and many other plant life. During the summer months from December to March, the gardens also host open-air concerts, with a number of local bands performing while you enjoy a picnic on the lawns in the warm summer evenings.
- Shopping – a number of high end stores can be found at Constantia Village shopping centre along with restaurants, banking facilities, grocery stores and specialist shops. The centre has plenty of parking, and is ideally situated near one of the area’s main roads. Blue Route Mall in Tokai is also within close distance, offering a movie complex and a range of retail stores.
- Silvermine Nature Reserve – the stunning nature reserve of Silvermine is another place situated near Constantia, and is accessed via a mountain pass that offers breath-taking views of the peninsula. Here you can enjoy a range of activities, from abseiling to picnics, hikes and nature walks. The focal point of the reserve is the large reservoir, which has picnic spots nearby and also a walkway that allows you to walk around the reservoir.
- Proximity – while you will certainly feel that you are away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Constantia is within easy reach of attractions such as Camps Bay beaches, Hout Bay, Llandudno and the city centre. It is about 20 minutes’ drive into the city centre, where attractions such as Table Mountain, the Waterfront, Bo Kaap, Company Gardens and South African can be visited, before heading back to your tranquil Cape Town accommodation in the heart of the countryside.